A few things about me...
- I am a project person and I need to have them all the time! This is why I love editing sessions, like little projects that I always finish and they give the best sense of accomplishment ever.
- I met the man of my dreams tthree years ago, and am very exciting to be marrying him next year! Being madly in love is what gave me the motivation to start capturing others in love. It spreads!
- I am wildy hyperactive and must be busy all the time.
- I LOVE hot yoga! I discovered it four years ago and it has been the best challenge to my mind/body that I have ever found. It is fiercly difficult for someone with an active of a mind as mine to try and quiet it.
- My dog is my favorite creature on the planet.
- Wine and chocolcate are two of my favorite inventions.
- I adore shooting boudoir photos. I became interested in them after getting my own done, and I just had to pass that feeling onto other ladies. I think every woman should get to feel like a supermodel!
- I will probably cry at your wedding
- I would LOVE to meet you and make images for you to cherish for a lifetime! I would love the oppourtunity to tell the story of your love!
Starseed Photography was born in 2010, after a very long stint of my "fancy camera" gathering dust on a shelf. I had always been the friend taking photos at any and every event, and swore that I would get myself a "big" camera when I had the money. I My very first solo Valentines Day after a long relationship ended, I bought myself a very special gift. I FINALLY took the leap to learn how to use my "fancy " camera after meeting a incredibly awesome guy, who in early 2013 became my husband, something about being in love inspired me to chase my dream. One day while surfing Facebook, I saw a staus from an old friend saying how they wanted engagement photos but just couldn't afford them. Well, I piped up and offered to take them, even though I had zero clue what I was doing. They agreed, we shot their photos (some of which I actually still quite like!) and I was immediately hooked! I love photographing people in love, I adore the feelings that float around on a wedding day: the joy, the tears, the nerves, the laughter, it's incredible. I am overjoyed that people ask me to be the one to capture these moments on such a special day, it is such an honor.
I shoot 100% digital with a Canon Mark III, and have an assortment of lenses to suit different styles and needs of shooting. I carry a spare full-frame DSLR body to every shoot as a back-up, so will always be prepared for an emergency.
I stay up to date with the latest editing software and techniques (I edit using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop).
I am constantly in search of new workshops to attend and ways to expand my knowledg and grow my skills as a photographer! This year I have been fortunate enough to attend two amazing wedding photography workshops, that truly helped me feeled inspired to push the boundaries of my skill and get energized about my business.
* Image courtesy of Tricia Victoria Photography*